Friday, August 26, 2016

Day 18 - August 23 - Restful Day

What to do with an entire day off?  Hmmm.  Torrey and I took the morning easy and made it to breakfast around 8:30am.  By that time, Alan and the Cowden's had gone across the street to the Post Office to mail some items home.  Yesterday, Tim pointed out the "even Alan had a shopping bag."  This is an unusual sighting for Alan.  On the other hand, it is a common occurrence for Tim and Shannon.  This is the third or fourth time they've mailed a box home (Rhinelander, Lincoln, and now New Rochelle for sure).  Torrey and I are somewhere in the middle, having mailed a box home in Rhinelander.  That said, I've also sent items with my mom and sister when I saw them in Rhinelander and another bag with my other sister when I saw her for the wedding in WI. Therefore, we are pretty close to even there. 

Following breakfast Torrey and Alan went on a walk.  They ended up putting in about 3 miles.  I worked on laundry and downloaded more pics for the blog.  Eventually, they all ended up at the
pool.  We briefly looked at the maps and made a rough plan for the morning.

After lunch, there was another brief time at the pool.  Torrey and I snuck in a trip to the post office as well. It went better than my discussion with the parking lot ticket machine, but it seems to be an ordeal each time I go.  Each USPS seems to have its own rules that are subtly different from Pocatello yet significant.  A scoreboard would show the Post Office 2; Nicki 0.

Then we were off to pick up the bikes at Empire HD.  The service department did an excellent job of getting all the bikes an oil change.  I also opted for new tires and a rear brake.  Tim had a regular service that was due for his bike completed.  We appreciated the recommendation we received from the Long's to stop into this shop for service.  We also now recommend it on our own.

Turned out there was a movie theater just down the block from where we were staying.  Torrey, Alan and I decided to catch the new Jason Bourne movie this evening.  The theater was pretty fancy with a recliner for each person.
 
Total mileage today: maybe 3
Total time to travel that distance: Hard to know where to start the clock, but ultimately it was less than 5 minutes of riding time.
Total Cumulative miles: 6535.5 ish
Tomorrow: Big day

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Torrie and Nicki:
    R&R is always a good thing,and it came at the right time.You have all been making great progress on this fabulous journey,and I'm always eager to read your next blog post.
    I think what you said about the post office is true,but don't worry to much about it,because your already miles and miles ahead of the game....lol.
    Continued safe travels to all.
    Drock

    ReplyDelete